Anesthesia Management for Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting
- Midazolam and fentanyl are frequently used .
- Most commonly used IV anesthetic are Propofol and Etomidate along with opioids Fentanyl,
Maintenance of Anesthesia:
- Isoflurane, Desflurane and sevoflurane are most commonly used along with the opioids.
- Maintenance is usually done with the opioid volatile anesthetic, i,e Combination of volatile anesthetic agent along with opioids.
- Halothane should be avoided.
- Vecuroniumis the 1st drug of choice in this case.
- Rocuroniumcan also be used .
Total Intravenous Anesthesia (TIVA):
- Induction as well as maintenance
- Propofol (IV anesthetic) + Remifentanyl (Opioid) (second choice) for the mixed intravenous inhalational anesthesia.
What you have to say about this article? Share your views 🙂